Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
27 photographs : col.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church (1834 - ), located at 23 Church Street in New Hamburg, Ontario, is a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada.
When the congregation was founded in 1834, services were held in private homes. In 1851 the first church building was constructed. The frame building featured clap-board siding, a peak roof, and a frame tower capped with a spire. In 1853 Rev. Carl Frederick Diehl accepted the call as pastor of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church. Shortly after arriving Rev. Diehl wrote the congregation's first constitution, which was dedicated on December 4, 1853.
Construction on the current Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church began on July 24, 1910, and the official opening took place on March 26, 1911. The white brick Gothic style building features a fifty-foot high steeple, church bells, and stained glass windows. In 1932 the Ladies' Aid Society purchased a pipe organ for the church. The organ was completely rebuilt in 1955. In 1983 a two-story addition was constructed.