St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church (Elmira, ON)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church (Elmira, ON)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • The North Woolwich Evangelical Lutheran Congregation

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1850-

History

St. James Lutheran Church in Elmira, Ontario is a congregation of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. St. James was founded in 1850, and a log building was quickly constructed by members. In 1869 a white brick church was constructed. On April 26, 1914 the last service was held in the white brick building, and on May 15, 1915 the current church building was dedicated.

Places

Elmira, Ont.

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places