Fonds S2023 - Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church (Toronto, ON) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church (Toronto, ON) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

S2023

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1955-2015 (Creation)
    Creator
    Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church (Toronto, ON)

Physical description area

Physical description

3.01 m of textual records and photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1955-)

Biographical history

Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church, a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC), is a bilingual German and English speaking congregation. founded by German immigrants in 1955. The church is located at 2379 Lake Shore Blvd. West in Toronto, Ontario.

The first service was held on November 27, 1955 at United Church Bathurst Street in Toronto, Ontario. On June 1, 1957, services were moved to the Redeemer Lutheran Church on Bloor Street. In January 1959, the congregation relocated to First Lutheran Church on Bond Street. In February 1959, they settled into their current location.

The first pastor of the church was Karl Wulf, who was succeeded by five other pastors: Otto Winter (February 1959), Eberhard W. Schwantes (June 7, 1964), Stefan Wolf (December 2000), Alexander Mielke (August 2007), and the current pastor, Christian Ceconi (September 22, 2013).

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds contains records of Martin Luthr Evangelical Lutheran Church in Toronto, Ontario. Includes reports, minutes, correspondence, publications, historical material and photographs.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres

Physical storage

  • Shelf: Room 1-124 Shelf 11-4-7