Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church, a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC), is a bilingual German and English speaking congregation. founded by German immigrants in 1955. The church is located at 2379 Lake Shore Blvd. West in Toronto, Ontario.
The first service was held on November 27, 1955 at United Church Bathurst Street in Toronto, Ontario. On June 1, 1957, services were moved to the Redeemer Lutheran Church on Bloor Street. In January 1959, the congregation relocated to First Lutheran Church on Bond Street. In February 1959, they settled into their current location.
The first pastor of the church was Karl Wulf, who was succeeded by five other pastors: Otto Winter (February 1959), Eberhard W. Schwantes (June 7, 1964), Stefan Wolf (December 2000), Alexander Mielke (August 2007), and the current pastor, Christian Ceconi (September 22, 2013).