Fonds S2015 - Lutheran Church of Our Saviour (Owen Sound, ON) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Lutheran Church of Our Saviour (Owen Sound, ON) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

S2015

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1925 - ? (Creation)
    Creator
    Lutheran Church of Our Saviour (Owen Sound, ON)
    Place
    Owen Sound, ON

Physical description area

Physical description

1.2 m of textual records - 586 photographs : b&w, col.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-)

Biographical history

The Lutheran Church of Our Saviour in Owen Sound, Ontario is a congregation in the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. In 1925 St. Peter’s Lutheran Church began in Owen Sound, serving the congregation in a rented hall until 1928. In 1934 Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church was officially chartered with 74 baptized and 43 confirmed members. In 1942 the church purchased the former Women’s Christian Temperance Union building, located at 9th Street and 1st Avenue West. In 1963 a property was purchased at 1049 4th Avenue West, the current location of the site of the Lutheran Church of Our Saviour. The new Parish Hall was quickly renovation, and services were held here until the new Church was officially dedicated on May 15, 1966.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds contain church records; Lutheran Church Women records; Lutheran Nursing Home records; Seven Stars Thrift Shop records. They also contain scrapbooks, photographs and funeral records.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres

Physical storage

  • Shelf: Room 1-124 Shelf 6-4-3