Print preview Close

Showing 1707 results

Archival description
Subseries
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Luther College, 1911-1960

The subseries contains records from the Luther College of Regina, Saskatchewan. It consists of correspondence, reports, financial records, a yearbook and a written history that document the activities of Luther College.

Luther College, formerly known as Melville Academy, was first established in 1914 at the center of Melville, Saskatchewan. Financed entirely through donations, Luther College only admitted male students until 1920, by 1925, there were 6 female students enrolled. In the 1920s it was recognized that the Melville campus was too small to meet the increasing enrollment. By fall of 1926, Luther College of Regina opened its doors.

Through a 1968 merger, the Lutheran College and Seminary and the Lutheran Theological Seminary turned the two institutions into the Lutheran Theological Seminary of Saskatoon. In the same year, the Seminary moved to the University of Saskatchewan's campus.

Luther League

This sub-series contains source material from the Canada District Luther League of the American Lutheran Church. It consists of minutes, the Canada District Luther League Constitution, a treasurer's book, the Luther League Handbook, programs and correspondence dating from 1945 to 1973.

Luther League Federation of the Lutheran Free Church

This subseries contains records from the Lutheran Free Church's Luther League. It includes it's Luther League Constitution, correspondence, a 1941 Luther League Handbook, minutes from the annual Luther League Federation Convention, its executive meetings and Young People's Conference.

The Luther League Federation of the Lutheran Free Church of Canada sought to bring young people to Christ, promote and foster a true Christian spirit and fellowship, help young people find their place of service in the Kingdom of God and to work to spread God's kingdom and to support Christian activities.

Luther League Life Service Flag

This series contains the Luther League Life Service Flag, and information about the flag and the Life Service members represented on the flag.

The flag was dedicated at the Elmwood convention in September 1940. It is a white Christian Flag with gold fringe featuring a large cross signifying the devotion of the Life Servants. It also features small crosses representing the Life Service members.

Results 931 to 940 of 1707