Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
- Peace Lutheran Church, Breslau ON
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Lutheran congregation in Breslau is reported to have been organized c.1860 by Pastor Immanuel Wurster of St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Preston, who served there from 1854-1881. Pastor Wurster also organized the Lutheran congregations in Hespeler and Shantz Station at about the same time. A church, which was built in 1885, was located on the south side of Mill Street in Breslau. The building was still there in 1969, in use as a residence.
Reference: Waterloo Region Generations http://generations.regionofwaterloo.ca/getperson.php?personID=I1056&tree=Buildings
Ambrose, Rosemary. Waterloo County Churches A Research Guide to Churches Established Before 1900. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada: Waterloo-Wellington Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1993.